Oy, it’s been a while since I’ve posted, so let’s summarize with a list:
1) My cat had a virus a couple of weeks ago. Strange to think that an indoor-only cat could get a VIRUS of all things, but as my vet explained, things can get on your shoes. I walk daily, and my cat LOVES my tennis shoes. So, after a scary bout of non-normal vomiting from my cat, the tennis shoes stay in the closet, and he’s feeling much better. After getting a couple of shots and sleeping the virus off, of course. And thank goodness. At his age (11 years) and weight (17 pounds), any irregular vomiting is something to be concerned about.
2) It’s been raining cats and dogs here. We’re lucky in that we were still able to have fun at two cookouts on the 4th of July, but the rain is ridiculous. And insulting. Somethings I feel like the Big Man Upstairs should pay attention and share the wealth: the fact the East is getting hit with a crapton of rain while the west is burning? Not cool, man… not cool.
3) Due to the rain, I haven’t been able to walk since Thursday. And Thursday morning, when I walked, I forgot to wear my glasses. That was fun. And blurry.
4) Oh, yes, I had a 4.5 day weekend. Full of RAIN. But I made up for that by reading for the Hugos and watching Netflix like a boss.
5) Did you know there’s a movie called Trollhunter and it’s not a SyFy Original Movie? Did you know it’s actually good? Frightening, I know, but if you get a chance to watch, give it a shot: it’s actually a foreign film. I thought the make-up of the trolls was a tick too Jim Henson-ish for my tastes, but the effects and story? Surprisingly enjoyable.
6) I was writing daily, and then I stopped. I blame vacation time. And lots of reading. It’s a pendulum, I swear: if I’m reading a lot, I’m not writing, and if I’m writing a lot, I’m not reading.
7) On the 4th of July, I finally got to try dandelion wine for the first time. Surprisingly sweet, and very enjoyable.
8) That’s all I’ve got for now. Tomorrow is Monday, which means getting back to the grind. Yay?
12 thoughts on “So Behind….”
Aw, poor kitty! Sounds like he needs lots of love :).
We (that is, my parents and me) had a cookout on the 4th, but we didn’t get to stay outside and enjoy it because it started raining on us. We did get to make smores, though, so it wasn’t a total loss.
I take it you’re also in the east? 🙂
Southwestern Indiana, so I think we’re just about where east turns to midwest. 🙂
I have to laugh because to me, in Tennessee, Ohio is definitely midwest. When I was a kid, I thought Ohio was part of THE NORTH, because obviously, it’s north of my state, you know? It’s one reason I couldn’t help but giggle when my friends in college who were from Virginia (and I went to college in VA) considered themselves part of the South. Because, yanno, they’re northeast of me…. 🙂
I think Indiana is an anomaly, because it’s a Northern state that thinks it’s Southern. This is especially apparent in southern Indiana, where I live–I think it’s because we’re so close to Kentucky.
It’s all about perspective! 🙂
Glad to hear your cat is feeling better! I can’t imagine how scary that must’ve been. It always sucks when a beloved pet is sick. 😦
Also, it’s so weird to hear about all this rain people have been having lately, since I can’t even remember the last time I saw a drop of it, haha!
I swear, weather patterns are so weird.
Ugh! Glad to hear kitty is feeling better! It’s always scary when cats become sick because as solitary predators they hide it–so if you’re *seeing* it, you *know* it’s bad. 😦
And I’m with you on the reading/writing thing. It tends to be one or the other. And summer is so busy I always think I’ll have lots of time to plow through books, but we’re out doing doing doing the whole time!
The only reason I’m currently on a roll with the reading is because instead of using the Mp3 player I’m listening to the Kindle’s text-to-speech function read to me as I walk… (though admittedly, this two-birds-with-one-stone read and exercise at the same time is the only reason the exercise is even happening… I’m not naturally inclined to it.)
I really need to consider audio books of some fashion… I think I’d get a lot more “read.”
I didn’t realize that indoor cats could catch a virus! As a new cat owner, knowing this is very helpful to me.
And finding time to write is always tricky when your schedule is off. I guess this makes the fact that I can never take a proper vacation a good thing?
Yep! Keep your shoes away from your kitties! 🙂
If you have any other questions about having an indoor cat, don’t hesitate to let me know. 🙂
I guess this makes the fact that I can never take a proper vacation a good thing?
That’s one way to look at it! 😉